Dave is Director of Developer Relations at Dremio. Previously he held Community & Developer Advocacy roles at Traceable.ai (’21), Redis Labs (’20), Intel (’16), Platform D/CloudCamp (’15), Strikeiron (’08) and PayPal (’06).
From 2008 – 2015 Dave provided Developer Relations consulting services to help companies such as HPE, Cloud.com, Mode Media and Metamarkets engage developers with their platforms, APIs or open source projects. During this time, Dave co-founded and ran CloudCamp, one of the first events/communities to help developers around the world learn about Cloud Computing.
Some example presentations:
1. Top 5 Redis Use Cases: https://youtu.be/jTTlBc2-T9Q
2. Intro to Redis Data Structures https://youtu.be/O_jNJ32s6x8
3. Deploy your First Cloud Foundry App https://youtu.be/RC1HX_7aGa8
Some example articles:
1. Redis Turns 10 – It started with a single post (#1 on Hacker News) https://redislabs.com/blog/redis-turns-10/
2. Installing Redis on Windows https://redislabs.com/blog/redis-on-windows-10/
3. API Design Collaboration using RAML
Specialties: Developer platform evaluation & strategic guidance. Setting up and running online forums, blogs, technical docs. Writing blog posts, keynotes, white papers and videos that engaging and educate developers. Organize engaging developer events (conferences, hackathons, workshops, contests, polls, user groups, meetups, online meetups). Speaking engagements related to Developer Platforms, Big Data, NoSQL, Open Source, Open Data, Cloud Computing, DevOps, CI/CD, Open Data, SOA, SaaS, Web APIs and Commercial Web Services